Sunday, May 18, 2014

deathtokoalas
i actually think she did a pretty good job with this. it's sombre without being too dramatic.

i'm more confused by the accordian and the four guitars. actually, kim is probably playing bass. still.


Puggle Paws
I think its meant to be like how All Apologies was played on Nirvana; MTV Unplugged. There were several guitars and I think Krist played accordion on it (not sure if it was on all apologies but he played it for a few songs)

deathtokoalas
i think it's a photo-op, and she's probably lip-synching.

Puggle Paws
why do you think that? I think they did it cause they wanted to mix it up instead of having all three songs electric. I don't think she is lip-syncing what would be the purpose of that? I mean Nirvana were very against that sort of thing, If you watch Nirvana's performance "Top of the Pops" smells like teen spirit they made their fake instrument playing obvious as the producers wanted them to play with a backing track sabotaging the thing on purpose. 

deathtokoalas
maybe they are making it obvious? the lip synching is a deduction from it being obvious that they're not all playing. st vincent & joan jett do not seem to be playing. kim gordon looks like she might be, and krist looks like he is, but if the others aren't...

Puggle Paws
I will watch it again, kinda writing an essay atm :(. I doubt they would though, doesn't seem like them to do that sort of thing.

deathtokoalas
and, fwiw, i'd bet lorde's management insisted on it, rather than the remnants of nirvana. the other songs were clearly live.

it's just a function of being a commodity.

but i do think she did a good job with it.

Puggle Paws
I did watch it again, I'm not sure, I'm not one to easily pick out lip syncing etc. But to me it doesn't look like a lip sync, I mean at that one pint were she had moved a little away from the mic it was slightly quieter. I'm not sure about the other guitars but Pat, Joan and Kim were definitely playing. Not sure about that st vincent girl, but she probably was. 

Mark Humphrey
I think Krist just wanted to crack out the accordion again lol

Alex Driftmier
I agree, it's amazing. This video sucks though, watch it on a good quality tv..and video. She rocks. Suck it.