Thursday, November 6, 2014

i'm getting requests for review fairly frequently at this point. i guess my youtube trolling has built me up a certain level of notoriety. basically, the idea is that people seem to think that if i rant all over their videos then it will give them some exposure.

which is exactly why i'm not doing it. if the premise is accurate, i need to ignore them - otherwise, i'm negating my own purpose.

but i got this message in my inbox and it really threw me for a loop.

I'm not sure how to go about this, but I'd like your opinion on some music I'm trying to promote a little. The trouble is.. How do you promote something Prog, yet genre defiant?

Your time & ears means more to me because I know from your repèrtoire that you specialize in eclectic & non-commercial music. I guess what I am trying to say is.. Please give this music a listen if you understand the struggle of creating something that is in no way going to achieve any kind of success! I'm told that is not why music is made though.

I'm going to pass your details on to my brother Bobby who will no doubt befriend your music from the 1st second! I'm only a girl, so my tastes are limited, but I know enough to recognise truly genuine music when I hear it.

Please continue to stick up for music's best interests.

i'm only a girl, so my tastes are limited? i see no indication of irony in the message. i had to respond with incredulity.

Ha ha! Yeh lol A little modesty never hurt anyone! I like Take That! There! I said it!

geez. take that may not be critically acclaimed, but liking bad music is hardly a gender marker. there's millions of men into take that, too. a large percentage of them may be homosexual. but they exist.

the things you observe in the wilderness, huh? astounding....